Legacy Software Update & MigrationAntiquated software or hardware that is still in use, is Legacy System.
These systems were made upon old technologies that have outrun their usage. While they are still used, the modernization of these systems is required to new hardware infrastructures or software as per the leading new technological trends.
- Understanding: we assess and analyze your existing legacy app systems in order to offer you clear insights on how to expand functionalities, increase flexibility and foster adaptability within your apps
- Redefining: we help you develop processes and internal procedures that can help you redefine app development while simultaneously expanding upon the limitations placed by legacy systems
- Re-platforming: we help you make use of the latest technologies and app development platforms in order to gain access to whole new ways of building, optimizing, and scaling apps
- Integrating: we help you combine the fundamental aspects of legacy systems with the needs and demands of the changing market and consumer environment around your app.
Understanding Legacy Systems
A legacy system is a term that encompasses information management structures that have grown to become cumbersome and inefficient. In this case, the inefficiency that arises within such systems can be derived from redundancy, poor construction, lack of flexibility, and non-modular structures. Through proper analysis and assessment of existing legacy systems within your organization, we at E-surgent can help you recognize major issues with regards to your:
- User Interface and Design
- App Engine and Techniques
- Development Process
- Platform Compatibility
Redefining Legacy Systems
One of the core reasons why legacy systems, especially those pertaining to mobile apps, need to be reformed is due to the ever-changing topography of app design and development. New technologies, new methodologies, and new needs fuel the transformation of mobile apps and the platforms associated with them, and the changes are swift and constant.
- Developing custom apps for specific needs and customer bases
- Aligning app design and function to organization-centric parameters
- Integrating new technologies like AI, chatbots, and Augmented Reality with mobile apps
- Transforming Native apps to Hybrid and Mobile Web apps
Re-platforming Legacy Systems
A powerful means to reform legacy systems involves nurturing the ability to use new techniques and new tools to explore better features and more refined functions for your apps. Fostering the use of new app development platforms and educating businesses about the possibilities of using the latest app building techniques can allow for smooth transitions from legacy limitations to more efficient and flexible apps.
- Making use of new app engines and builders like Titanium Mobile
- Exploring the use of cloud-based storage and development platforms like Ionic
- Integrating app development platforms that offer in-built branding options
- Utilizing customer engagement systems and platforms to improve upon user experience
Integrating Legacy Systems
Reforming legacy systems is a difficult task, especially owing to their inherent nature – they are built to function independently without any external support, are native to the platform and people around which they are developed, and are archaic/traditional thereby being resistant to change. The reason behind their inherent rigidity is that they form the fundamentals of function and structure in terms of the systems being used today. Through the implementation of the following processes, E-surgent can help you manage and make use of legacy systems for the development of better.
- Fostering openness to innovation through the emphasis on customization
- Embedding usability, adaptability, and responsiveness into legacy functions
- Beta testing and internal implementation
- User training and acclimatization to new processes, methods, and tools
Why You Need Legacy App Reformation Services
- Unshackle apps from traditional systems of development
- Develop better infrastructure and methods of app development
- Reduce costs through the implementation of new processes
- Integrate new and powerful platforms/engines for app development
Steps Involved in Legacy App Reformation
- Planning: This phase involves the identification of specific processes that need to be automated as well as those that need to change, rectified, and refined
- Database Migration: This phase involves the study of infrastructure dependencies and developing smooth and efficient ways to migrate data and relationships onto more powerful platforms like Cloud-based systems
- App Migration: This phase entails the movement of the application from the legacy environment to a new environment that offers it more flexibility, adaptability, and resilience
- Testing: This phase involves the use of testing methods and environments that can help in identifying errors in software, thereby allowing for the enhancement of function quality and reduction of development time
- Deployment: This phase involves the recognition of KPI metrics and deployment tracking that can allow you to understand how your app is being accepted by users, thereby offering a glimpse into the degree of evolution from legacy limitations
We're Here To Help!